How to find us
IFAD is located in the city of Odense on the island of Funen (often called the Garden of Denmark). We are located in the city centre close to the central railway station (Odense Banegaard Center), Odense Castle, and TV2. There are excellent train and highway connections to all parts of Denmark.
Arriving by trainOdense has excellent train connections. The InterCity arrives twice an hour from Copenhagen (East) and Fredericia (West). The express train from either Copenhagen or Jutland also stops in Odense.
The trip from Copenhagen to Odense lasts approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. The same goes for the train from Odense to Copenhagen.
Fredericia is a junction for trains coming from the different parts of Jutland and from Germany. The trip takes about 30 minutes.
Walking from the station to IFAD (6 minutes)
Exit the railway station (Odense Banegaard Center). You then arrive at the street called Østre Stationsvej. Turn right and follow Østre Stationsvej for 500 meters. While walking enjoy the view to Odense Castle (on your left). IFAD is located in the red brick building on your right.
DSB (Danish Railways) has an excellent journey planner with time tables here.
Arriving by car
Arriving from the German border
Odense can be reached from the German border by car in approximately 1h 30min (150 km).
- From the German border follow E45 until you reach E20 (after Kolding) then follow this to Odense.
- Get off E20 at exit no. 53 and turn left. You are now on the road Middelfartvej.
- Continue straight ahead into the city, passing several intersections.
- Pass the intersection with the Silvan store on your right, and shortly after follow the road turning left.
- You are now on the road Vestre Stationsvej, which will lead you straight to IFAD.
- After the third intersection with Kongensgade on your right, IFAD is in the big red building on your left.
Arriving from Copenhagen
Odense can be reached from Copenhagen by car in approximately 2 hours (175 km).
- From Copenhagen take E20. It goes straight to Odense across the the Great Belt bridge.
- Get off the motorway at exit no. 50 and turn right. You are now on the road Svendborgvej.
- Continue straight ahead through the city centre following the signs for the railway station.
- When you reach the big junction by the railway station, turn left passing the station.
- Before the sixth intersection with Kongensgade (left), IFAD is in the red building (right).